Translate

Sunday 29 October 2023

Mummified cat for potions

I bought a coffin box and initially was going to make it in to a cat themed "Tutankhamun" style sarcophagus, then couldn't be bothered and decided to make it in to a product for a spell shop, by making a label for the box, a mummified cat might be something someone would be looking for, for spells and potions, then I thought it was too small to even be a kitten, so it became a foetus.

Going by the label, this product is good for potted lotus flowers.

The bandages are strips of white cloth, after gluing these on, I used a watered down mix of yellow ochre and a touch of burnt sienna.   The head and front legs are milliput clay and the body is das clay. 
Faience bead collar made using a piece of lace coloured in with a blue watercolour pencil, I soaked the lace in water first.


I like it as a Halloween prop, something a bit different.