Translate

Sunday 29 October 2023

1:12th scale Tang Horse

This is a tang horse I was making for the national trust.

I could sculpt like this when I was applying for the degree at the University of Ulster, I wasn't upset about being rejected, I genuinely believed I wasn't good enough, and this was confirmed to me when I was rejected. I was extremely nervous in the interview and I didn't know how to answer their questions, if they had any, I can't really remember much about it, the A1 folder was extremely heavy and awkward to carry to it and I threw it in the bin and most of the work in it, too, and I dont regret it, the only thing I regret throwing out was the collage of a lion from Tutankhamuns tomb, I did at high school. Even as I was ripping it up I thought I would regret that, and I do.








 


I like the work of an artist called Goga Tandashvili, and I wish I'd been born in Russia.