Translate

Monday 30 October 2023

1:12th scale Indian Elephant corbel

At some point I had this thought in my head to make some antique Indian corbels, but I couldn't find one I liked to copy so I just made one up. My plan for these, was to have two on either side of a window possibly with a hole drilled through the sides of them to put a curtain pole through, with a shelf above. They are made with plaster, the tusks are tips of wooden cocktail sticks sanded down in to tiny tusks and painted white. I started to get funny about quality control, and I couldn't handle the tiniest casting flaw bubble, and it's not because I'm a perfectionist. If you zoom in on the elephant you will see a casting flaw on the eye. I would have almost considered this a second, and to be honest I was trying to avoid criticism, I personally am happy with it, but at the time I would have had difficulty sending this to a customer.